left Boston early and it was the easiest checkin ever. The flight was less than half full and yet I still managed to be between two rows of very sad little people. But they quieted down once we got in the air as I'm sure the boys will on our big trip! A few hours in Newark and on the flight to costa rica. I was hungry so went to the lounge quickly before they closed and had the most interesting vegetarian sandwich. Avocado, pickle, tomato, cabbage, & tomato. And there was one other person there- a nice old man who spoke about as much english as I do Spanish. It was painful and embarrassing trying to talk but I think we managed the basics. I'm going to try and post this and a picture. Meeting Chelo and Adri at 7 for breakfast then all the guides. Already got an earful from danny on the way here so it should be interesting...
And back to the travels.. this time CORFU. The water is really this color blue. Really. We flew directly onto the island rather than going through Athens. First two days in Corfu Town and then drove to the northeast coast where we stayed in a private villa. Corfu Town is small and walkable. Lots of little alleys and shopping. The main “attraction” is the Old Fortress. Walk about 20 minute uphill to the top for a great 360 degree of the area. Then we drove to St. Stephano on northeast coast. We stayed in a gorgeous private villa. Check out that view!!!! We drove around to different beaches in the area. They are all unique. However almost all are rocky rather than sandy so be sure and bring water shoes. These gems were perfect: Highlight of the trip was renting a boat and spending a day randomly dropping anchor and jumping in the water. We tied up to a restaurant for lunch. Such fun!! TIP: If you are heading here it’s possible to take a ferry to the area and m...
I'm getting ready to depart with Andrea who of course is cute & tiny just like Sole! Last night we had a traditional Nicaraguan dinner. Which meant no menus. We walked up to a table with large clay pots and they served different meats and beans on a corn tortilla. Then it was presented on a banana leaf. This morning we drove to Matagalpa it was about 2 1/2 hours including the extra time to turn around since the school was having a celebration in the middle of the pan-American highway. The roads are pretty good here though. No carsickness. Only the last 20 minutes or so were windy. And there are some roads that need repair (which the country is working on). There are significant potholes so you have to go very slowly and around the holes. We went to a property in the mountains with incredible views. It is surrounded by coffee plants and also they are growing poinsettas for the holidays. I learned how to make corn tortillas, but unfortunately mine did not pass inspection. ...
Comments